Lead Visual Designer
Hello people that love to create beautiful product experiences,
In every team on the planet, you'll find people recognizing one another for their hard-work. As communication shifts to messaging, Growbot, one of the most installed and used Slack bots of all-time, aims to be the bot that encourages and captures that recognition, surfacing it to people and organizations in a meaningful way.
At Growbot, we're continuing the long tradition of improving communication between people. Since the earliest days of computing, people have built software to make communication more effective: from email, to social networking, to instant messaging. In the last decade, mobile apps have pushed communication forward. In the next decade, messaging platforms will be the hotbed of innovation at home and at work.
Spreading to over 15,000 companies and over a million users, we’re laser-focused on reimagining how teams encourage and celebrate greatness @ work. We’ve found great partners to accelerate that growth, backed by General Catalyst, Inventus Capital, XSeed Capital, 500 Startups, the Slack Fund (who see Growbot as the thought leaders on building and scaling incredible messaging experiences that people love), and Marc Benioff.
We need people who share that standard of excellence as we expand Growbot onto other platforms and look toward reimagining how people interact with their peers, managers, and companies at work. This $17B market is ripe for disruption as the shift to messaging changes how we interact with each other and work systems. Growbot is at the epicenter of this shift.
About the job
You will be joining one of the most installed and used bots on Slack and Microsoft Teams with the ability to drive the look and feel of Growbot as our first design hire.
Since we’re a small team, we are looking for an end to end designer competent in building elegant and functional product through use of the following skills:
- Research — What do customers want? Can they figure out how to use our product?
- Interaction design — How does the product behave? How is it organized?
- Visual design — How does the product look and feel?
- UI development — How do we build quality interfaces quickly and flexibly?
A typical day at Growbot as our Lead Designer includes:
- Work directly with the CEO to shape ideas and create prototypes.
- Create design guidelines for our products to ensure interface consistency across platforms.
- Own copywriting in our products — either yourself or working with contractors you will manage.
- Design beautiful, clear interfaces for our web, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Illustrate intuitive iconography for our applications
- Help instill a design culture in the company as a whole — we want everyone to value and understand the role of design.
- Organize and conduct monthly user studies to validate product concepts.
- 5-10 years of creating stunning visual experiences in either Sketch, Photoshop, or the like for web and/or messaging interactions.
- Ability to run customer interviews and distill feedback into actionable specs/designs.
Nice to have:
- We’d prefer if you worked here in San Francisco (or Los Angeles), but we’re willing to entertain remote designers if you’re amazing and able to work across timezones.
If you're looking for a role where you can be the trendsetter in the next iteration of application development, Growbot is a great fit.
Competitive salary, substantial equity, full benefits, a desk of your very own, and a lot of responsibility.